Andrea Bough is an attorney and former small business owner, and has worked with city governments throughout her career. A 25-year resident of Kansas City, she is a graduate of the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, is married and has two children, age 20 and 15. When she’s not cheering on the Royals, Sporting KC and the Chiefs, you’ll find her keeping score at her son’s baseball games.
She has been involved in the Kansas City civic community for over two decades. Her many volunteer hours include service with multiple Kansas City charities, including Harvesters and Sheffield Place, a transformational shelter for homeless mothers. She also frequently shares her creative and organizational expertise in support of the Kansas City arts community.
In 2011, she served on then Mayor-elect Sly James’s transition team and chaired the Mayor’s Blue Ribbon Commission on Ethics Reform. She brings extensive city planning experience to her candidacy for City Council.
Awards, Charitable & Civic Activities
- Business Practitioner Award, Women’s Justice Awards, Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly (2017)
- Board member, Kansas City Chapter, Missouri Eating Disorder Association (2016-present)
- Steering Committee, Harvester’s Chef’s Classic (2010-2016; Co-chair, 2014-2016)
- Steering Committee, Kansas City NEDA Walk (2015-2017)
- Board of Directors, Heartland Men’s Chorus (2013-2014)
- Steering Committee, Heartland Men’s Chorus’ Dinner of Note (2012-2014; Co-chair, 2013-2014)
- Honorary Co-Chair, Off the Wall Dinner, Sheffield Place (2013)
- Mayor-elect Sly James Transition Team (2011)
- Chairwoman, Mayor’s Blue Ribbon Commission on Ethics Reform (2011)
- Kansas City, MO Charter Review Commission (2013)
- Jackson County Community Mental Health Fund Board (2006-2008)
- Jackson County Law Library Board of Trustees (2005-2008)
- Jackson County Democratic Committeewoman, 8th Ward (2004-2006)
- Greater Kansas City Women’s Political Caucus (2005-2006)
- Country Club Christian Church (Capital Campaign Committee, 2011; Congregational Board, 2008-2011; Stewardship Co-chair, 2007-2009; Endowment Trustee, 2004-2007, 2015-present)